If you’ve discovered a swarm of honey bees or an established honey bee colony on your property in Alamance County or surrounding areas, we may be able to help!
To request that a honey bee swarm be removed, please contact Jeff Telander, 919-618-8094. He will contact the nearest available beekeeper. There is usually no charge for this service.
Honey Bees in Structures
If honey bees are seen coming and going from your home, a tree, or an outbuilding this requires more technical removal options called “trap outs” or “cut outs.” Please contact Jeff Telander, 919-618-8094, to discuss possible removals. Most beekeepers charge for this service.
The Forsyth County Beekeepers Association has a clear and informative Bee Removal FAQ that you may wish to review.
Please note: we only remove honey bees and NOT carpenter bees, yellow jackets, wasps, hornets, or bumblebees. Here is a useful Bee Identification Guide.
Questions that you may be asked:
- Are they honey bees?
- Are bees entering a structure or in a mass outside?
- When were they noticed?
- What has been done?
- Has any pesticide been used?
- Has anyone been stung? Might indicate an aggressive (dry) swarm.
- How large is the cluster/swarm? (e.g., basketball or softball size?)
- Where is it, specifically?
- How high up is it?
- Do you plan to call someone else?
- Do we have permission to collect the bees?
- Is this your property? Give me specific directions to get to the swarm site.