Welcome to Alamance County Swarm and Bee Removal
Honey Bees in Swarms
If you are requesting that a swarm of bees (honey bees ONLY) be removed from your property in Alamance County, North Carolina, and surrounding areas, please contact:
Jeff Telander at 919-618-8094.
He will call the nearest available local beekeeper to collect the swarm.
Honey Bees in Structures
If honey bees are seen coming and going from your home, tree or outbuilding this requires more technical removal options called “Trap Outs” or “Cut outs” and most beekeepers all charge for this service as explained on Forsyth County Beekeepers webpage HERE. They have also posted a clear and very informative Bee Removal FAQ. After reading the information, please contact Jeff about possible removals in Alamance County.
Depending on the task, such as of a swarm removal versus an established colony housed in a structure, beekeepers will sometimes charge for the latter service. You can find out why HERE?
We only remove honey bees and NOT carpenter bees, yellow jackets, wasps, hornets, or bumblebees. Here is a useful Bee Identification Guide.
Questions that Jeff may ask!
1. Are they honey bees?
2. Are bees entering a structure or in a mass outside?
3. When were they noticed?
4. What has been done?
5. Has any pesticide been used?
6. Has anyone else been called?
7. Has anyone been stung? Might indicate an aggressive (dry) swarm.
8. How large is the cluster/swarm? Basketball or softball size?
9. Where is it, specifically?
10. How high up are they?
11. Do you plan to call someone else?
12. Do we have permission to collect the bees?
13. Is this your property? Give me specific directions to get to the swarm site.